Sunday, March 21, 2010

"My kind of town Chicago is"

Don't you love that Sinatra song? Everything he says is true... and as I boarded the ferris wheel that overlooks Navy Pier and the Windy City's skyline I had to agree with Frank. Martha, Jamie, and I flew northward (and snowbound) this weekend to visit our dear friend Beth Tinsley... and we had a ball.

I don't think I'm a big city girl. Nonetheless, it was thrilling to have buildings rising up around me like great steel giants that had no interest in my smallness, but only in the clouds that they reached for. I loved finding little restaurants tucked between chocolate shops and ritzy retailers, places to hunker away from the wind and the walking for a glass of wine and laughing with girlfriends. It was stunning to see the lights at night dotting the horizon while we drove away.

There were so many perfect moments, and I don't have enough pictures to capture them all, (more are forthcoming as soon as I synch up with the other girls' cameras), but here are a few pics of us girls as we explore the great metropolis.

This is all of us taking pictures of the "Bean", a mirrored glass sculpture. It is actually of a kidney bean. Beth in red, then Martha, Hannah, and Jamie.
Hilarious name for a street, don't you think?!

My Adams girls and Beth in front of the Chicago Theater.

The new Trump Tower.

Las damas Adams: Hannah, Jamie, Martha. We were the southern bumpkins galavanting through the town. (Okay, maybe not quite bumpkins).


Vosges Haut Chocolat is famous for its "Mo's Bacon Bar", which is literally chocolate with bacon in it. Don't believe me? Google it. It also has the BEST COOKIES. Thank you Ginny for inspiring our visit to Vosges. It was unparalleled.

2 comments:

  1. Vosges is indeed a magical place. Magical enough to consider having them ship a Naga cookie from Chicago to North Carolina for a mere $19.50. I considered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so fun! And I love your gray coat!

    ReplyDelete